My name is Daniel Schroeder, my online handle is usually deadlydog, and I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I completed my Masters degree in Computer Science at the University of Regina in 2009, and am currently working at iQmetrix. I have a passion for programming and have created some video games and websites; I especially enjoy creating tools for other developers, and tools for increasing productivity. Automate EVERYTHING!
You can view my personal (and outdated) website here.
Some Software I’ve Created
Most software that I create is in my spare time is free and/or open source. Here is some software that I’ve created:
- The Dynamic Particle System Framework (DPSF) for XNA.
- Baby Touch game for Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
- My public CodePlex projects.
- AHK Command Picker – An AutoHotkey plugin that makes it easier to automate everything you do on your PC.
- Auto Update Project’s Minimum Required ClickOnce Version – Will make sure users of your ClickOnce apps are always using the latest version.
- Dan’s Utility Libraries – Custom libraries for doing various tasks.
- Diff All Files Visual Studio Extension – Quickly compare changes to your files in Visual Studio.
- Invoke-MsBuild PowerShell Script – Easily build your projects/solutions and see if the build failed and view error logs.
- New-NuGetPackage PowerShell Script and NuGet Package – Automatically create NuGet packages for your libraries.
- Path Length Checker – Quickly view how long file paths in a directory are, and how long they would be if moved somewhere else.
- Sql Script Runner – Batch run SQL files (e.g. stored procedures, functions, tables) against a database easily.
- My public BitBucket projects
- Make GitHub Commit and Blog pages full width GreaseMonkey script (and Chrome extension) – Make GitHub pages with code expand to fit your browser window.
- Make GitHub Pull Request pages ignore whitespace GreaseMonkey script – Make GitHub Pull Requests not show whitepsace differences.
And here are some websites that I’ve made:
- (2003) HelpfulPCTools.com – Free tools and advise about general pc maintenance (viruses, spyware, etc.). (Very outdated now).
- (2005) PostYourWebsite.com – Search for other peoples websites, and post your own. (No longer exists)
- (2007) DansKingdom.com – My personal site.
- (2008) TheHotMap.com – An interactive search engine interface. This was created by myself and one other person.
- (2009) XnaParticles.com – The project home of my Dynamic Particle System Framework.