My name is Daniel Schroeder, my online handle is usually deadlydog, and I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I completed my Masters degree in Computer Science at the University of Regina in 2009, and am currently working at iQmetrix. I have a passion for programming and have created some video games and websites; I especially enjoy creating tools for other developers, and tools for increasing productivity. Automate EVERYTHING!
You can view my personal (and outdated) website here.
Some Software I’ve Created
The software listed here has been created in my spare time, and most is free, open source, and can be found in my public GitHub repositories:
- AHK Command Picker - An AutoHotkey plugin that makes it easier to automate everything you do on your PC.
- Auto Update Project’s Minimum Required ClickOnce Version (NuGet) - NuGet package to easily ensure users of your ClickOnce apps are always using the latest version.
- Azure Artifacts PowerShell Module Helper (PowerShell Gallery) - Makes working with PowerShell modules in Azure Artifacts easier.
- Baby Touch game for Windows 8 and Windows Phone - A simple game designed to hold a toddler’s attention.
- Dan’s Utility Libraries - Custom code libraries for performing various tasks.
- Diff All Files Visual Studio Extension (Marketplace) - Quickly compare changes to your files in Visual Studio.
- Dynamic Particle System Framework (DPSF) for XNA - Developed as part of my Masters thesis, and used by many indie and hobbyist video games.
- Invoke-MsBuild PowerShell Script (PowerShell Gallery) - Easily build your projects/solutions and see if the build failed and view error logs.
- New-NuGetPackage PowerShell Script and NuGet Package - Automatically create NuGet packages for your libraries.
- Notify When Microsoft Outlook Reminder Window Is Open - Background app the let’s you know when your MS Outlook Reminders window is open.
- Path Length Checker - Quickly view how long file paths in a directory are, and how long they would be if moved somewhere else.
- Sql Script Runner - Batch run SQL files (e.g. stored procedures, functions, tables) against a database easily.
- Make GitHub Commit and Blog pages full width GreaseMonkey script (Chrome extension) (source code) - Make GitHub pages with code expand to fit your browser window.
- Make GitHub Pull Request pages ignore whitespace GreaseMonkey script (source code) - Make GitHub Pull Requests not show whitespace differences.
- Wait Azure DevOps Extension (Marketplace) - Add a delay to your build and deployment pipelines.
- Windows Scheduled Tasks Azure DevOps Extension (Marketplace) - Easily install, uninstall, enable, disable, start, and stop Windows Scheduled Tasks from your deployment pipelines.
Videos I’ve made on my public YouTube account:
And here are some websites that I’ve made:
- (2009) XnaParticles.com - The project home of my Dynamic Particle System Framework.
- (2008) TheHotMap.com - An interactive search engine interface. This was created by myself and one other person (no longer exists).
- (2007) DansKingdom.com - My personal site (very old and outdated).
- (2005) PostYourWebsite.com - Search for other peoples websites, and post your own (no longer exists).
- (2003) HelpfulPCTools.com - Free tools and advice about general PC maintenance (viruses, spyware, etc.) (no longer exists).
All material found on this blog is offered up under the Creative Commons 3.0 License. This basically says that you are free to share or change the information provided, as long as you Attribute the original work to me, preferably by linking back to the webpage.