My name is Daniel Schroeder, my online handle is usually deadlydog, and I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I completed my Masters degree in Computer Science at the University of Regina in 2009, and am currently working at iQmetrix. I have a passion for programming and have created some video games and websites; I especially enjoy creating tools for other developers, and tools for increasing productivity. Automate EVERYTHING!
You can view my personal (and outdated) website here.
Some Software I’ve Created
The software listed here has been created in my spare time and most is free and open source:
- The Dynamic Particle System Framework (DPSF) for XNA.
- Baby Touch game for Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
- My public GitHub projects, many of which were migrated from CodePlex before it was archived in late 2017.
- AHK Command Picker - An AutoHotkey plugin that makes it easier to automate everything you do on your PC.
- Auto Update Project’s Minimum Required ClickOnce Version - Will make sure users of your ClickOnce apps are always using the latest version.
- Dan’s Utility Libraries - Custom libraries for doing various tasks.
- Diff All Files Visual Studio Extension - Quickly compare changes to your files in Visual Studio.
- Invoke-MsBuild PowerShell Script - Easily build your projects/solutions and see if the build failed and view error logs.
- New-NuGetPackage PowerShell Script and NuGet Package - Automatically create NuGet packages for your libraries.
- Notify When Microsoft Outlook Reminder Window Is Open - Background app the let’s you know when your MS Outlook Reminders window is open.
- Path Length Checker - Quickly view how long file paths in a directory are, and how long they would be if moved somewhere else.
- Sql Script Runner - Batch run SQL files (e.g. stored procedures, functions, tables) against a database easily.
- Make GitHub Commit and Blog pages full width GreaseMonkey script (and Chrome extension) (source code) - Make GitHub pages with code expand to fit your browser window.
- Make GitHub Pull Request pages ignore whitespace GreaseMonkey script (source code) - Make GitHub Pull Requests not show whitespace differences.
And here are some websites that I’ve made:
- (2003) HelpfulPCTools.com - Free tools and advise about general pc maintenance (viruses, spyware, etc.) (very outdated now, and I actually let the domain expire and somebody else purchased the domain and placed a clone of my original site).
- (2005) PostYourWebsite.com - Search for other peoples websites, and post your own (no longer exists).
- (2007) DansKingdom.com - My personal site (old and outdated).
- (2008) TheHotMap.com - An interactive search engine interface. This was created by myself and one other person (no longer exists).
- (2009) XnaParticles.com - The project home of my Dynamic Particle System Framework.
All material found on this blog is offered up under the Creative Commons 3.0 License. This basically says that you are free to share or change the information provided, as long as you Attribute the original work to me, preferably by linking back to the webpage.